Re: officiating [was: Re: Ralph Nader]

The bottom line is, before game 6, I told  my son that the Lakers would win with a
parade to the free throw line.  I think that the NJ vs Boston series was called
straight up.  I believe, and told my son, that the NBA would make sure the Lakers
won through officiating.  The problem was, unlike the past tweeking the NBA has
done, this was corrupt and as obvious as the Olympic games scandle.  It was right
out there.  Even the USA Today editoral page has gotten into the act.  It was
fixed, plain and simple.  Shoeless Joe Jackson was banned from baseball when he
took the money and didn't even throw the game.  These three referees should be
fired.  The NBA should be forced to form an independent agent to oversee and
control officiating.  It was a mockery.

And this doesn't even mention the fact that almost none of Shaq's free throws
should count because of his lane violations.  What about 3 seconds?  Ooooooppppsss,
the actually called it once last night. What about Coby and his five step moves to
the basket? Oh yeah, he's impossible to defend.

Bottom line, I don't gripe when the better team wins, see my comments when NJ beat
the Celtics, but when the game is fixed to get a team, even the Celtics, into a
win, I say it is wrong and takes away the integrity of the game.

A pox on David Stern and the officiating Gods of the NBA.

Bentz