Re: Chicago Pre-Draft names I'm watching

Thanks for the info on these players...Is Potapenko goin to be out for a
long time?  if so, does it mean
we can open up and create salary cap space for a big man either via draft or
free agency?

Lee Benson and Songalia are pretty good picks if they last til the 2nd round
I think.

Regarding Sesar, if he's a terrific shooter in the mold of a Peja or
Turkoglu, I think we should really be
bringing him over and sign him in a heartbeat.  If you notice in the lost
series with NJ, we somehow
needed a shooter who Pierce and Walker could kick out during traps and
double teams.  Delk, Strickland,
McCarty couldn't hit anything when situations like that happened.

Jaims

> [...]
> post. He's solidly built, very strong.
>
> Maurice Baker: I've had a feeling about this guy and the Celts since
before
> the season. He's a 6-1 point guard out of the Keyon Dooling mode-very
> athletic. He was projected as a first-round pick before the season, but he
> struggled this season with an injury. If he's healthy, he might be a
> second-round steal.
>
> Lee Benson: We've all heard the story of this ex-con. Might be a good
> second-round risk.
>
> Brian Brown: He's a combo guard from Ohio State. I've seen him a lot. He
> doesn't do any one thing that jumps out at you, but he's solid at
> everything. Very heady. A winner. Reminds me of Eric Snow at the same
stage.

> Lenny Cooke: A 6-6 high school star with plenty of question marks but lots
> of upside.
>
> Reggie Evans: I love this guy. A rebounding machine. Very physical. The
only
> reason he's not a first-rounder is his size. He's 6-8 (and that's
generous).
> But he has a big rear end and he knows how to use it. Reminds me of Popeye
> Jones, right down to the Nosferatu-like facial features and ears.
>
> Ryan Humphrey: An undersized power forward from Notre Dame, but he knows
how
> to play. Etan Thomas was a mid-first round pick in the Moiso draft, and I
> like Humphrey better than Thomas. He's pretty athletic and at 6-8, has
> respectable size. A real battler.
>
> Jason Jennings and Freddie Jones: I'm throwing them in here because
they're
> good prospects, but they're also unlikely to be around for the Celts.
>
> Kris Lang: A 6-11 PF/C from North Carolina. He underachieved at Carolina,
> but may have the best post moves in the draft. I like this guy a lot.
>
> Steve Logan/Tito Maddox: A couple of big-name college guards. Logan really
> doesn't seem like an NBA player to me. Haven't seen enough of Maddox.
>
> Kei Madison: A 6-9 small forward from Kedrick Brown's school. We know all
> about the connection between the JC coach and Chris Wallace. Could they
cook
> up another draft-day deal?
>
> Aaron McGhee: Another undersized power forward, but a battler in the
> Humphrey mold.
>
> Uche Okafor: An athletic center who played at Missouri. He's 6-11. Could
be
> a Jerome James-like find for someone.
>
> Smush Parker: 6-4 point guard from Fordham. Don't know anything about him
> other than what I've read-that good workouts could push him into the first
> round.
>
> Luke Recker: A 6-6 swingman who really can shoot it. If you can hide him
on
> defense, he can help.
>
> John Salmons: A 6-7 point guard from Miami. Why would the Celts be
> interested? He's a 6-7 point guard. Actually, this guy is interesting.
He's
> a natural point guard, not a converted 2-guard. He's not someone who blows
> you away, but he does a lot of good things.
>
> Darius Songaila: A 6-9 power forward from Wake Forest who had a great
> collegiate career. Not sure why he isn't getting more attention. Performed
> big against big-time competition. Pretty good post player.
>
> Marcus Taylor: A solid 6-3 point guard from Michigan State. I can't
believe
> this guy is being ignored. He has the body and the skills. Maybe I saw the
> best game he ever played, but he single-handedly beat Ohio State late this
> season. He made every right decision and ran the pick-and-roll better than
> any Celtic other than Kenny.
>
> These are some names that caught my attention before the camp started. We
> should start hearing about camp performances today.
>
> Celtic fans should pay attention this year since our only pick is in the
> second round and the guys in Chicago will make up much of the second
round.
> Like Josh, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Celtics select a
> foreign player.
>
> One more thing: Josh, next time you talk to Wallace, ask him about Sesar.
He