officiating [was: Re: Ralph Nader]

--- You wrote:
I don't care if it's Ralph Nadar or King Tut from his tomb, if it just gets
the attention of the right people and something constructive comes from it.
I'm sick and tired of the refs deciding who will win a championship or the
right to play in a championship game.  Right after Bryant's (flagrant in my
opinion) foul on Bibby, which was not called, there was a non-foul called on
the Kings - simply didn't happen.  It's reached the point of ruining the game.
Something has to be done.
--- end of quote ---

I'm with you up to the point of Kobe's flagrant, as you say, foul on Bibby.
While it looked bad, I can kind of see why that call was made, if not approve
of it. Bibby was leaning in to block Kobe, who was making his move to the left.
The elbow, IMO, was accidental, the result of Kobe's bringing the ball across
Bibby's body to  his left (Bibby's right). While the call might (probably
*should*) have gone the other way, a bleeding nose doesn't make this a flagrant
foul.
Kestas