Re: kestas reply

I wrote:
"We would have to take about the same amount of salary back, unless Kenny was
traded to a team under the salary cap."

--- You wrote:
Unless we traded him for a pick, no?
--- end of quote ---

Insofar as I know, it doesn't make any difference :  if the team you're trading
with is over the cap (and most are) they can't take back more than 115% + $100K
of the salary they're trading, unless the player they are receiving is a
minimum salary player. Since a draft pick counts for $0 against the cap until
he's signed, you could trade a non-minimum salary player for a pick only to a
team under the cap (or get one involved in a multi-way trade).