If KB can earn the time at the SF then having Walker be point forward
shouldn't be as much of a problem in a half court set.

In my mind the problem with it in the past is that by having the Walker be
the Point Forward left him out of position for post play, put backs and
rebounds (Though he has a good average in rebounds).

With Baker playing the post and the way Brown can sky, that could give you
two rebounders in the post even with your PF outside.

Brown can play bigger then his height because of his leaping ability.
Walker could make the ally-oop high pass and Brown could score a ton with
Baker doing a little clearing out in the paint.  Or Walker could make the
low entrance pass to Baker for a post move with someone to clean up.  Same
with rebounding.

Baker's smarts/hands and Browns athleticism could give us an unusual,
dynamic rebounding/inside duo with the 3+5 instead of the 4+5.  (Which means
they will force Baker to practice his 3 pt shot I would guess.)

This does not solve the traditional fast break/PG issue that Kim and others
have however.  But, you know Baker knows how to make that first pass off the
rebound, which starts the fast break, which will be different then in the
past, even though Battie tries to do it. Kinda like Chief did it is how I
picture it behind my rose colored glasses.  (Baker-to-Walker-to-Brown for
the jam, Pierce trailing the play in case of a kick out.)

I like the potential this trade opens up more and more.

<Jim

>Hello there,

>> Throw out question to the list - given the number of guys we have in
other
>> positions who can handle and pass at least a bit, notably our co-captain
>> point forward, how critical do others think it is to have a good, solid
PG.

>I think its important to have someone who can at least dribble and shoot
and
>penetrate. You also need to be able to stop (or slow)  the dribble
>penetration.

>Even if Walker's starts the offense and runs the sets its good to have
>someone who can handle the pressure, and take the strain off Walker from
>bringing the ball up.

Snip....   Other thoughts by Pete snipped.