Re: Why I like it

Patrick is right. I think that if we an accept that
Anderson was gone anyway (50-50 since he might have re-
signed for much less), and Rodney was gone anyway (80-
20), this was a bold trade that didn't cost Boston all
that much talent (the 21st pick and a backup center with
a knee injury). Knowing what the insiders knew, they came
out of a bad situation by at least adding a proven
starter.

But I really hope to learn which team forced the issue of
including Forte for Shammond. And was it necessary to
make this trade work cap-wise (I've heard different
things).

Despite everything, it seemed like Boston had more
leverage to squeeze Seattle into greater concessions.

Instead Seattle was allowed to dump the two least popular
players on the team, and the two worst defenders. They
save 40+ million to re-sign their true franchise players.
And they add two legitimately tradeable commodities in
Kenny and Forte. Possibly even Potapenko, to another
Western Conf. team.

***

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?