Re: Winning used to be what being a Celtic was all about.

One other positive is that Massachusetts has among the
world's best medical centers to treat manic depressives.
And you have AA and the Jenny Craig weight loss centers.

Obie will have to redesign the offense and defense, and
the two gunners will have to buy into it. No more same
same. I would call that the key to the season.

Would we have beaten Philly and Detroit without the
services Kenny and Rodney, but with Vin Baker at center?
Possibly. Look it still seems to me to be an even trade
only if you exclude all the downside financial risks, and
Vin's medical/alcohol issues-rumors.

The tone of this post may sound negative, but I love the
Celts and can't wait for the season to start. There are
going to be plenty of games I'm sure where we all will be
shouting "I LOVE Vinnie".

He's only 34 going to the final year of his contract. And
he did bounce back a bit last year from what seemed like
a Nasdaq death spiral end to his career.

Even 6-1 Delk and 6-1 Shammond for Joe Johnson and Joe
Forte could turn out to be an even trade, although that
seems like a bigger longshot. Delk looked uncomfortable
last year, but I think he's going to be one of the big
stories of this coming Celtics season. He can shoot and
play defense, and he's a good team guy.

I really pray, for Chris Wallace's sake, that Joe Johnson
and Forte suck this year.

Joe H.

***

was all about.

> Nice post. Could not have said it better myself. We
have plenty here that
> think the sky's falling.  The addition of Baker will
allow us to see just
> how good Pierce and Walker are. 10-15 games into the
season this team will
> start tearing up the East. We dangled Anderson, Pots
and Forte out there and
> there wasn't much interest. Management did the best
they could with what
> they had to work with. For all our GM's, apply to the
Celts front office,
> just don't give up your Walmart jobs.
>
> DanF
L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.