Why I like it

Here's why I like the trade:

-Baker's inside game with our already potent outside
game is the perfect offensive complement--they should
make eachother even more effective--you can't double
him without leaving PP and AW open from outside and
vice versa

-we were not going to be players in the FA market in
the next 3 years anyway--no team that already has 2
max contracts is--we would not have been able to
compete monetarily for the top FAs so it's mostly
irrelevant or at least not as important as everyone on
the list thinks that we now have 3 max contracts

-this is the sort of trade that Jerry West and the
Lakers would make--high risk, high reward.  Maybe this
will turn into Campbell and Eddie Jones for Glen Rice
but maybe this is Divac for Kobe--nothing ventured,
nothing lossed.  Think about it, from a strict
basketball sense, this was KA for Vin Baker!

I'm not saying it's a sure thing but I'm not
disappointed either, let's see how it pans out.

Goggin
http://health.yahoo.com