For those searching for positives...

-Baker is motivated to play in Boston.  His favorite player (and mine),
that he patterns his game after is Kevin Mchale.  He'll put out good
effort.  Larry said was a fan of Baker when he wrote his book about
coaching the pacers.  He mentioned about 10 players he liked including
Antoine and Kenny.

-The current staff gets players to hustle.  Plus Individually, just about
all of last years squad have had reputations as iffy defenders in the
past. Yet, Anderson, Walker, Rodgers became forces and stoppers in one of
the best defenses in the league.

-"Money in the bank low post scoring" is exponentially valuable in
basketball.  That's why the recent players with even the potential to be
first options (Ilgauskas, Duncan, Gasol, Brand, Olowakandi) will get, or
have gotten the max.

-Obie doesn't appreciate mid range shooters, so Joe and Potapenko would
have gotten minor roles. He likes inside scorers, or bomb squads.
You just know the coach has dreamed of having point guards like Shammond
and Delk(pure shooters with some athleticism).  (Obrien never gushed about
loving Kenny even though he was so good last year).  But he loves his
three point shooting 6'7" Center.  Even now wants to sign him thinks of
little else these days. That's why Kedrick and Bremer will get their shot
but Forte and Potapenko won't.  Too bad about Joe, he's good.  I bet
Obrien would even try to steer Iverson and Jordan from their midrange
games :)

-30 yrs old isn't over the hill.  I've heard players like Magic say that a
basketball player peaks at 32 (physical and mental maturity) or so.

-Put me on record as liking the trade(short term), and for saying that
Obie/Wallace will still try resigning, not replacing Rogers (I heard we
have extra cap savings now).  Prediction: The C's offense will become like
the Lakers of the east once they have some months to gel and they'll
be in the finals within the next two years.