Re: For those searching for positives...

Good, Roy. I like the positive attitude.

But forget Rogers. Signing Rogers worked on the premise
that cap room will be available after one year. If they
plan to re-sign Rogers now, it will be in 2006.

Personally, I'm still hoping someone will flunk a
physical to rescind the trade.

But yeah, its not like we didn't get a good player. If we
can somehow keep team chemistry as great as it was last
year. That's the key.

No question, its DJ Redux....missing piece, third All
Star, cancer, best years behind him joins Celtics team
with two 24+ ppg scorers.

You've all read it, but here again is that
Sonicscentral.com overview on Baker's coachability and
work ethic. It really makes me worry, while hoping for
the best:

http://www.sonicscentral.com/baker.html
Baker came out of the blocks in slow motion and was a key
part of the poor start which lead to the dismissal of
coach Paul Westphal. Westphal later blamed Baker -- not
Gary Payton, who most had fingered -- for his firing. New
coach Nate McMillan sent Baker to the bench, hoping that
he would be sparked by anger and would fit in better
playing behind new center Patrick Ewing as opposed to
alongside with him. The move did not pay off. Baker
continued to play terribly, and the team's fortune did
not change dramatically. By the end of the season, it
appeared that Vin was already packing his bags to leave
town. In early April, Baker was thrown out of practice
after yelling at McMillan. Later in the month, Sonic
owner Howard Schultz said what all fans were thinking by
questioning Baker's willingness to play through injuries
and hustle in an article in the Seattle P-I.

player (and mine),
> that he patterns his game after is Kevin Mchale.  He'll
put out good
> effort.  Larry said was a fan of Baker when he wrote
his book about
> coaching the pacers.  He mentioned about 10 players he
liked including
> Antoine and Kenny.
>
> -The current staff gets players to hustle.  Plus
Individually, just about
> all of last years squad have had reputations as iffy
defenders in the
> past. Yet, Anderson, Walker, Rodgers became forces and
stoppers in one of
> the best defenses in the league.
>
> -"Money in the bank low post scoring" is exponentially
valuable in
> basketball.  That's why the recent players with even
the potential to be
> first options (Ilgauskas, Duncan, Gasol, Brand,
Olowakandi) will get, or
> have gotten the max.
>
> -Obie doesn't appreciate mid range shooters, so Joe and
Potapenko would
> have gotten minor roles. He likes inside scorers, or
bomb squads.
> You just know the coach has dreamed of having point
guards like Shammond
> and Delk(pure shooters with some athleticism).  (Obrien
never gushed about
> loving Kenny even though he was so good last year).
But he loves his
> three point shooting 6'7" Center.  Even now wants to
sign him thinks of
> little else these days. That's why Kedrick and Bremer
will get their shot
> but Forte and Potapenko won't.  Too bad about Joe, he's
good.  I bet
> Obrien would even try to steer Iverson and Jordan from
their midrange
> games :)
>
> -30 yrs old isn't over the hill.  I've heard players
like Magic say that a
> basketball player peaks at 32 (physical and mental
maturity) or so.

> -Put me on record as liking the trade(short term), and
for saying that
> Obie/Wallace will still try resigning, not replacing
Rogers (I heard we
> have extra cap savings now).  Prediction: The C's
offense will become like
> the Lakers of the east once they have some months to
gel and they'll
> be in the finals within the next two years.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?