Re: Baker

I agree with you on last year, we had no alternative scoring threats, and
our ball movement was very poor, but as other teams maneuver to improve,
which is generally the off-season goal, we sign Bremer (o.k. he could be a
sleeper , but why did everyone pass on him?), Sundov (Travis Knight part II,
why do we need a lean 7 footer  that shoots 3's?, when Jersey killed us down
low and we gave up 10 boards a game to a guard!), and talk about signing
Damon Jones? While I am not a big fan, I'd rather have Rodney Rogers than
any of these guys.

Brian Grant now could give us the nasty presence, but him game has seemed to
drop off since leaving Portland.

We did not really address the point position, the low post , or even getting
veteran perimeter scoring help for Pierce and Walker. I beleive it would be
hard  for anyone to prove how this team has gotten better over the
offseason, except for possibly the growth of Joseph Forte and Kedrick which
is still in question.

This is a bit perplexing when 10/12's of the team pretty much disappeard
against New Jersey. Kenny Anderson's huge short term contract is valuable to
teams wanting to free up cap space next year to go after say Tim Duncan, or
maybe a deal for Kevin Garnett who can't get Minneapolis out of the first
round, but whose contract likely makes him virtually untradeable..

Forte looked good at Shaw, then we see rumors of trading him. Many believe
now is the time to  get rid of Anderson contract, but Baker is not a sure
thing has what, another 5-6 years left?

As rumor has it, it seems if anyone has an underperforming big man with a
huge long-term contract (Croshere, Baker)  they come looking our way. What's
next Big Country?

John