If I were GM ...

I'd tell Seattle OK, you really want to unload Baker. Fine. I'll take him but
I'm not giving you the only relief I have to look forward to in this battle
with the cap and luxury tax. You can have VP, EW, & Delk -- take it or leave
it. If they take it I resign Rogers even if it means paying a tax this year,
selling Gaston on the fact that we'll have Kenny off the books next year.

If the Knicks want to get involved I'd absolutely love to have Kurt Thomas
instead of Baker but they can keep Ward. They shouldn't have a hard time
finding someone else to make up the difference between the salaries of Baker
and Thomas since most of the role players there make 6 mill a year.

George