Shaw

The toughest part about the Shaw Pro League season from
my perspective as a Celts fan was:

1) Kedrick Brown having those two ugly boxscore games.
Can anybody offer insight on these games? At least
Kedrick seemed to show he could hit treys and play a bit
of defense (not with a lot of intensity, though). But his
shot creation skills with the dribble are still below
that of even the incumbent starter, Eric Williams. Still,
I think/hope he's ready to make an impact as the runner
and fourth option on offense in the Celtics starting
lineup. Look, he was sandwiched around draft picks that
have been even slower to develop. Its a pretty long list
of slow learners actually. What hurts is seeing Joe
Johnson and Richard Jefferson do so well this summer.

2) I was disappointed by the decision to cut short any
semblance of a pointguard tryout between Omar Cook and JR
Bremer. Its really surprising that Omar would only get
into two games. There must be a story behind this.

3) There was an obvious dropoff in opposing roster talent
compared to last year. Only the undefeated Atlanta team
showed up with NBA ringers (Theo Ratliff etc), while
several of Boston's opponents offered no better than
Moody Bible College level competition.

Based on just one game viewed and the various game
reports, I would be pleased if Terquin Mott is invited to
camp to compete with Songaila for a backup spot. He
showed off a way above average turnaround jumper and just
sufficient NBA athleticism/size, from what I could see.

For his part, Songaila did a very commendable job of
recovering from some statistically invisible early games,
but he hardly deserves an unchallenged roster spot which
seems to be in the cards for him.

As for Derrick Alston, it looks to me like he's good
enough to bounce around onto an NBA roster somewhere this
year, at least as a DNP-CD reserve.

***

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?