Let's hope the leaks killed the trade

That's what I'm hoping, anyway. Maybe the Celtics and Chris Wallace will get
wind of the backlash against this deal and come to their senses.

I've been listening to "the Zone" online today and, although the consensus
is against the deal, I'm stunned by the number of people who seem to think
this is a good idea. There's the "Vin Baker will give more than
Kenny/Vitaly/Rodney so if you ignore salary it's a good deal" contingent. No
one can really believe that, can they?

I also heard Simmons. He said the trade has been out there about a week and
a half and thinks the Sonics may have floated the rumor to put some pressure
on the Celts to close the deal. He's praying it doesn't happen and is
wondering why the Celts are fishing for big men whose teams are trying to
give them away (Baker, Grant, Croshere). I think they're trying to find the
best big man with an ongoing contract who can be had for Kenny's expiring
contract. Believe it or not, I'd prefer either Grant or Croshere-even
straight up-to Baker.

Anyway, let's hope the backlash scares the Celts out of the trade.

Mark