Vin Baker (was URL, please)

From: Douglas342@xxxxxxx

     You folks are much more savvy then me, but my reaction?  Vin Baker?
AAARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....
I dunno, this sounds pretty damn savvy to me... .

Count me in with those who think that, beyond "anything is possible", this Baker deal can't/won't/shouldn't happen. The "Baker to Boston" thing happens every freakin' year, and this year, for whatever reason, it's gotten more play. But really, mostly this deal won't go down because it seems to cost Paul Gaston some of that good, clean moolah he's got so much of. I can't even see that happening when the guy's dead. He'll find some way to take it with him, I'm sure.

Bird

P.S. Don't get me wrong -- almost "anything *is* possible, and if you can move Juwan Howard, Rod Strickland, and the other "immovable" contracts in recent years, you might just be able to move Vin Baker. And if this deal does go down, I will be prepared to start thinking, that yes, the "braintrust" may very well be mentally unequipped, instead of just taking any and every rumor as fact (and therefore "evidence" of my hypotheses that Wallace is an idiot, O'Brien a crack-smoking snake-oil salesman, and Gaston a money-first, tradition-be-damned loser owner). Oh, wait, that last one sounds almost reasonable... .