And the Cs would appear to agree. Seems to me that everyone going off the deep end about this and how it just shows more stupidity by Cs management are ignoring the Bulpett (who usually does know what he's talking about) article where he said that these deal rumors are pretty much a creation by Seattle and those around the unhappy, 'always wanted to play in Boston so lets try and make it true' Baker: Note the word creation, which has implications beyond just saying the sources are on that end.

C's mull trade for Sonics' Baker: Kenny, Vitaly may be bait

by Steve Bulpett
Friday, July 19, 2002

The Celtics will sign free agent Bruno Sundov today, and they were closing
in on another big man last night. Sources close to Vin Baker said yesterday
the Seattle center could well be coming to the Celts in a deal that would
include Kenny Anderson and Vitaly Potapenko.

There was word from the West on Monday that Seattle was looking to move
Baker for Anderson and another Celtic contract, but the talks were
characterized as mainly a Sonics creation. A source said last night that the
Sonics' persistence may be paying off as the Celtics put further conditions
on the potential trade.
Which sounds like the Cs are also looking for as many sweeteners as possible to even consider it. And considering it still doesn't equate to doing it.

Makes a change from "what are they thinking of" with Oliver Miller, I guess....
Kim