Is Wallace taking advice from Pitino???

I just don't understand this Baker thing. I'm trying to look at it from
every angle, and unless there's something to it we don't know about (a
sweetener), then it just doesn't make any sense. Vin Baker may have the
single worst contract in the NBA. Look at this line from the Seattle Times
story:

"the Sonics had been rumored to be close to a deal with the Knicks, who
might have been scared off by the $50-plus million remaining on Baker's deal
that expires after the 2005-06 season."

The Knicks were scared off by the contract. THE KNICKS!!! Where every bad
contract in the league goes to die. But the Celtics are going to give up an
attractive expiring contract (and their starting point guard) for the guy?
The Sonics were better without Baker last year.

Do the Celts think Shammond Williams/Damon Jones/Tony Delk/J.R. Bremer are
their point guards? There's not a point guard in the bunch. Shammond
Williams is a young Tony Delk-and undersized shooting guard who can get hot
and really score, but he's not a point guard. I think I'd actually rather
have Earl Watson, who, if I remember correctly, took Williams' minutes last
season in Seattle and showed some real promise as an up-tempo, pass-first
point guard. Does anyone from the Seattle area know more?

As for other news:

Bruno Sundov signed... I'm beginning to think the "braintrust" thinks we're
all idiots. Did you read the line in the Globe story about Sundov being a
top-10 pick in this year's draft? Just like Omar Cook was a first-rounder, I
guess. If memory serves, they said Mark Blount would have been a lottery
pick, too. Maybe they don't think we're idiots; maybe they're idiots.

Summer league... Good games by Bremer and Forte last night, but Kedrick was
a disaster. 3-for-16 for 10 points. Apparently he hit a couple of 3-pointers
but other than that spent the night shooting jumpers and missing badly (from
internet accounts, FWIW). And this wasn't against Richard Jefferson. It was
against Corey Hightower (probably a rematch from their JUCO days) and Jeryl
Sasser. Kedrick has a LOOONG way to go. The "braintrust" could have done
better in the 2001 draft if they were throwing darts.

At this rate, ABC/ESPN is going to really regret all those Celtics games.

Mark