Re: [Celtics' Stuff Impressions

I'll agree with everything Josh said except on Cook.

Forte--could hit the shot with minimal separation. He is going to have to do
that consistantly or he isn't going to play. Just not a position for him
unless he is contributing on offense. We'll see if he can keep it up.

Brown--slow at first offensively. Was in Jefferys shirt the whole night. I
can't believe the C's can't find time for someone who can play that kind of
defense. I didn't like some wild jumpouts on the defensive end as a small
negative. I also didn't like him relying on his jumping ability on rebounds
versus blocking out. Could also use improvement on the handles. Still, a nice
outing for a young player. I think he was the best player on the floor by far
in potential, possilbly right now. You got to remember, he doesn't have to be
the man for the Cs, just be a contibutor. I think he can do that and continue
to grow into his potential. I will let the rest comment on him but I was
greatly relieved after yesterday's handwringing.

Bremer--has some skills but there are a lot  journeymen point guards who can
do what he can do. At the end, he was forcing it attempting to match Cook on
breaking down the trappers and got stripped. Maybe it wouldn't have tried if
this wasn't his last night. (That is why he started tonight over Cook for you
Bremer fans, IMHO). I wasn't that impressed overall.

Songaila--a serious dissappointment. Many no-names better than him.

Alston--had a lot of nice little jumpers but he also had his some serious
rejections of his shots. Can't do much else. Maxed his potential  so "nice to
meet ya, see ya later."

Cook--Josh, I don't know what game you were watching but Cook broke down his
defender, sometimes two defenders to pentetrate the lane maybe 7-8 times. He
made no-look passes for two dunks and another that should have been a dunk.
THESE WERE ALL CREATED BY COOK ALONE. Man, open your eyes! He did hit a three
but also had a couple of paintchippers early on so even for the shooting on
this perfornance. Overall great performance offensively by Cook on this
performance in limited minutes. On the down side, he is quite smallish and
I'm not sure how he will do attempting to defend a 6-5 Jason Kidd type. I
also didn't like his lift on his two layups. The bottom line is the El-Amin
looked great last year in summer league, creating and passing and management
yawned over him. His height and lack of speed was a definite drawback. Cook
is better than El-Amin at beating his defender. is quicker but it's seems
that all that want nowadays is three point shooting. Then Bremer is probably
your man.

Mott--I really became a Mott fan tonight. As the game wears on, you start to
notice this big-armed guy who keeps jumping out and setting these great
picks. We haven't seen anyone other that Fortson sets picks like that since
Paul Silas. Then he shows he can bang on the boards, punishing the defensive
rebounder who is attemping to box out. Then he showing he can dribble a
little by starting the fast break. Then he shows a nice post move for a
fadeaway jumper. Then he is running down the court on the wing of the fast
break, raising his knees like the ghost of Walter McCarty. Man, we could use
a guy like that who can do all the little things. Reminds of Dale Davis. Then
again, ISN'T THE ONLY IMPORTANT THING IS HOW GOOD OF A THREE POINT SHOOTER HE
IS? Therefore, he probably won't make the team.

Miller--forget it. Remember when we had Double D, Darryl Dawkins in camp a
few years ago? He looked better. Good story. Made the scrubs more interesting.

Rest of the guys-not worth mentioning....

DJessen33