Re: [Celtics' Stuff Impressions

In a message dated 7/16/2002 11:54:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Celtic4Hire@AOL.com writes:

> Mott--I really became a Mott fan tonight. As the game wears on, you start to
>
> notice this big-armed guy who keeps jumping out and setting these great
> picks. We haven't seen anyone other that Fortson sets picks like that since
>
> Paul Silas. Then he shows he can bang on the boards, punishing the
> defensive
> rebounder who is attemping to box out. Then he showing he can dribble a
> little by starting the fast break. Then he shows a nice post move for a
> fadeaway jumper. Then he is running down the court on the wing of the fast
> break, raising his knees like the ghost of Walter McCarty. Man, we could
> use
> a guy like that who can do all the little things. Reminds of Dale Davis.
> Then
> again, ISN'T THE ONLY IMPORTANT THING IS HOW GOOD OF A THREE POINT SHOOTER
> HE
> IS? Therefore, he probably won't make the team.

When I saw this guy's name on the roster it was a big yawn. Yet this is a guy
we need on the Celtics bench. With pro coaching he could combine the
strengths of both EWill & McCarty except for the 3 pt shooting. Considering
he's cost about $350,000 (is that the minimum?) he might very well earn a
spot.

I'm in the camp with those who were impressed by Cook. He penetrates faster
than any PG we've has in a long time and I thought he made several great
passes.

George