RE: Celtics Interested In Sundov

> Maurice,
> The Dresdenfication of last year's Eastern Conference
should not elicit such false promises,
> as you have expressed in the below post. C's will get
their heads handed to them this season
> if they maintain the status quo. Yes, they may have
filled last season's vacuum, and
> shot up through the conference, being one of the few
healthy teams with their primary players
> intact. But this upcoming season will be different, as
there has been a measured improvement
> amongst their division and conference opponents, and
it's unwise to expect a continuance
> of pristine health among the Celtics key performers.
>
> And as an added note, because the Eastern Conference is
viewed as being wide open,
> many teams will be attempt to recreate what New Jersey
and Boston did last season,
> by signing free agents and making trades in a playoff
putsch.

Recent conference finalists (Milwaukee, Knicks etc.) have
had similar All Star talents, but Pierce and Walker have
shown better overall leadership and competitiveness than
some of these others. Compared to the Sprees and Iversons
and Robinson/Cassells etc., you have to be enthusiastic
about the character of our maturing captains and the team
chemistry as a whole.

Seeing Walker too busy holding back tears to speak for
three minutes at the final news conference showed me
something. I had already concluded that the better team
in the series had won, plain and simple. But its clear
that the two captains will NEVER concede what appeared to
be this obvious point.

They'll be back. Yes next year we might not get to enjoy
eliminating Philly and Detroit (our two biggest Eastern
rivals of the Bird era) en route to the conference
finals. There could be other teams moving up, like
hopefully Miami. Wouldn't it be a thrill having an
opportunity to beat the crap out of "El Greasy One"? Of
course, I'm not sure I'm talking to a real fan.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?