James A. Hill wrote:

"The Celtics have three players getting the max $ this year"

  I don't think so.  Walker- Pierce- who is the third?

"If the Celtics sign Rogers and are one of the 4-5 teams over the salary
capout of 28 this year, does that officially end the  being "cheap" issue?
It's not, IMO, that they are cheap."

  I disagree.  There are already many more than 4 or 5 teams over the cap and
other teams have recently come out saying they are willing to go over the cap
too.   The Celtics could be left standing in the dust.

"It that they wasted the money they haves pent by overpaying players they do
have or taking on stupid trades thatcost cap space instead of creating cap
space."

That is true, but the same could be said for just about every franchise and
it doesn't negate the fact that they are being cheap.

  "Blame the basketball management for screwing up the team not the business
side.  Gaston has spent more money then most every other team, it's the
basketball guys who have spent unwisely."

Could you please be specific here?  How has Gaston spent more money then most
any other team?  I'm looking at figures here and that just doesn't seem to be
true.
<A HREF="http://www1.realgm.com/src_teamcap1.php";>Real GM- Team cap</A>
Besides, didn't Gaston hire the basketball managment this has spent unwisely?
Doesn't he continue to pay their salaries?  There is a whole lot of blame to
go around but it starts at the top.