Q's inputs: Jan 17, 2002

 I have read enough about the comments on the Shaq incident in Chicago. We all
need to move on. No one got hurt so no need to go on and on about it.

I read an excellent article written by the BSG about the NBA today. Look for
it on the page 2 column of the ESPN website. Did anyone else read it.
Reference Link:

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/simmons/020117.html

I wrote my spin on the article on the ESPN board. Reference Link:

http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/nba/request.dll?MESSAGE&room=NBA_bos&id=161488&
move=nextThread

Enough with the shameless self promotion

The Celtics were able to dig in and pull out a win against a pissed off Knicks
team that needed to win last night. We face 5 tests in a row with other
desperate teams.

Houston has their act together after getting Stevie Franchise back. They were
a handful down in Houston and have lost narrowly against Philly and Toronto on
the road. My guess is we are getting their A game which was good enough to win
45 games in the Western Conference.

Detroit will make a stand on their home court and be tough at the back end of
back to backs. They are also at the back end of back to backs playing in
Indiana Friday. I wish them well Friday.

Toronto comes in to the Fleet Monday night. They have not been consistent but
Vince might wake up against Pierce. Their supporting cast has been suspect at
best.

Indiana comes in next Wednesday and its always emotional with them. Boston
does have an ax to grind with this club who turned them back from the playoffs
last spring.

Finally we get ole Philly next Friday. The Celtics need to send a message to
this team that we will not be tread upon. This could be a classic
confrontation of the old dog (Philly) vs. the Young Pup (Boston) cutting its
teeth.

I want to win all five and run the record to 28 and 14. That ought to stir up
local interest in the Celtics for the 1st time in years. We are pretty much in
a make or break situation for the Celtics.

On a side note: How about Miami winning in Los Angeles last night and scoring
100 points for the 1st time in two years? This is turning into a mighty
interesting year. Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com