Re: More on the fight...

>What Shaq did was wrong.  No question in my mind.  He should be tossed as
>you said.  But the fight was the outcome of the underlying problem.  If you
>don't fix the problem there is no point in penalizing the players.
>
>The ref's are horrible and the abuse Shaq and others get is just wrong.
>The
>players union should be insistent on cleaning this up.  The league is
>losing
>revenues and as such the players will lose income from basketball contracts
>and from endorsements.  The union should have a class action suit option
>here as leverage I would think as all players are potentially effected by

As  I said earlier, they would have to call that elbow move of Shaq's nad
his bull rushes.  Then where would his scoring be.  Hard to score from the
bench, sitting with a couple of offensive fouls.  Which he does with great
regularity.

>the poor officiating.  Think about Walker's scoring average if the ref's
>called the fouls against him.  Would that have made him an All Star last
>year?  Would that have opened the door for endorsement money?  Would the
>team have

Walker also has a move that is an offensive foul (most of the time).  That
baseline spin move with the hook.  not getting on Walker (who is playing
much better this year) but he also gets away with some stuff.

Rich...