Re: More on the fight...

What Shaq did was wrong.  No question in my mind.  He should be tossed as
you said.  But the fight was the outcome of the underlying problem.  If you
don't fix the problem there is no point in penalizing the players.

The ref's are horrible and the abuse Shaq and others get is just wrong.  The
players union should be insistent on cleaning this up.  The league is losing
revenues and as such the players will lose income from basketball contracts
and from endorsements.  The union should have a class action suit option
here as leverage I would think as all players are potentially effected by
the poor officiating.  Think about Walker's scoring average if the ref's
called the fouls against him.  Would that have made him an All Star last
year?  Would that have opened the door for endorsement money?  Would the
team have earned more money etc...

Can the legal eagles on the list comment?

The NBA needs to fix this problem sooner Vs. later.  It effects the whole
game experience.  It's seems to be a management problem but the officials
themselves are the ones making the bad calls or no calls at all.  Some would
suggest that the games are called with other motives in force.  That should
be unacceptable.  This isn't rollerball.

<Jim

Snoopy said,
>The officiating has, this whole year, been largely
>suspect, in my view, and this is one more example of it.

Jim Hill
mailto:jahill@leasingservice.com