From: "gene kirkpatrick" <gk_tyler@yahoo.com>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2002 9:09 AM
Subject: under control

> It's been mentioned, but the game last night featured a variety of players
showing control of their exuberance.  Strickland, for one.  He slowed
several times as he crossed midcourt--looking, thinking--rather than
charging down amongst three defenders.  And, after a game opening flurry of
quick, forced shots, Antoine settled into an excellent mixture of offensive
moves.  That short jumper, standing or on the move, has become an excellent
weapon.  And, sometimes, he fakes underneath and sometimes he passes out
rather than suffering multiple blocks.  Pierce, also, has shown an increased
notion to pass and he does it well.  This team is growing at a crucial point
of the season.  If they have the expectation of being 8 or so games above
.500, then we may just be the 4th or 5th seed (see my October prediction of
4th).

> Interesting season.  Shaq losing his cool; Jordan getting the jumper back;
Gasol coming on strong; McCarty working into the rotation; Kenny having a
miracle season; EW rebounding and eschewing the threeball.  What a good
feeling to be an old Celtic fan.  Cheers,  Gene

> PS: be patient with JJ.  He's playing an excellent floor game with ball
movement, rebounds, assists, defense.  He's got greatness.