under control

It's been mentioned, but the game last night featured a variety of players showing control of their exuberance.  Strickland, for one.  He slowed several times as he crossed midcourt--looking, thinking--rather than charging down amongst three defenders.  And, after a game opening flurry of quick, forced shots, Antoine settled into an excellent mixture of offensive moves.  That short jumper, standing or on the move, has become an excellent weapon.  And, sometimes, he fakes underneath and sometimes he passes out rather than suffering multiple blocks.  Pierce, also, has shown an increased notion to pass and he does it well.  This team is growing at a crucial point of the season.  If they have the expectation of being 8 or so games above .500, then we may just be the 4th or 5th seed (see my October prediction of 4th).

Interesting season.  Shaq losing his cool; Jordan getting the jumper back; Gasol coming on strong; McCarty working into the rotation; Kenny having a miracle season; EW rebounding and eschewing the threeball.  What a good feeling to be an old Celtic fan.  Cheers,  Gene

PS: be patient with JJ.  He's playing an excellent floor game with ball movement, rebounds, assists, defense.  He's got greatness.
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail.