Re: Newest NBA superstar!/Auerbach

> I am absolutely shocked that the other organizations in the NBA are not
begging the members of this list to come and run their organizations since
we
> are so much smarter than Red, Chris, etc. Hell, we're so smart that we can
judge NBA talent by watching TV and/or reading boxscores -- we don't even
> have to travel that's another cost saving to an organization.
>
> Get a grip everyone.
>
> George

Looking at the league, I think most of the other organizations have just
about as good, or even worse luck at talent evaluation.  The Clippers went
through years of having top 5 picks and still have not really fully moved up
significantly. I do like their last few drafts and the Brand acquisition. I
really like Quentin Richardson. Golden State has been pretty poor, as has
Memphis and most others. Only a few like the Lakers and I think Indiana is
on the right track have been able to take an old team and rebuild quickly
through good decisions

Wasn't just a short time ago that everyone was blasting Pitino for his poor
trade decisions?  At least he was not afraid to try to make deals to make
them better. There is a lot more to it then just looking at box scores, but
these guys do get paid for this, and sorry to say, have done little to
improve this team over the last decade of draft debacles. This is a fact
that is difficult for anyone to argue. Little decisions like dumping key
role players like David Wesley, trading what could have been Andre Miller
for an unproven center,  have hurt this team.

As Josh mentioned, Paul and Antoine are our franchise players. They task
will be to put the right role players like a Wesley, Mario Elie, Jerry
Sichting, around them
to add value. This is where the winners are successful and always have been.

John.