Re: How the money flows...

At 12:04 PM 2/20/02 -0500, Neal R Hoffman wrote:
>Does anyone have any idea of how much money the celtics make off of each
>playoff game?
>
>What I am debating is if it could payout to bring Van Exel on the team and
>go over the cap, but make up the lost money in extra ticket sales, playoff
>games, and merchandise.

But given our current playing level, we're ALREADY talking playoffs without
Nick.  So why do we need him for that?

>Although Kenny is playing well, Van Ex is an all star and would be great
>at taking some heat of AW and PP and providing a real 3rd scorer.

I just don't see Nick willing to sit back and watch Pierce and Walker hoist
the vast majority of shots.  He wants to be "The Man" on a Championship
team, not a third scoring option for a team that has a rather hazy playoff
future as yet.  Then again, he ought to be thankful he's not Jalen
Rose.  Who did Rose piss off so badly he got shipped to Da Bulls?

>Denver is ready to give him away.  This seems like a great opportunity to
>address out PG needs without giving up anyting real.  Last year I would
>have given Kenny for a 2nd round pick, much less an all star.

If I ran a team where Nick publicly insulted the team and demanded a trade,
I'd be happy to give him away, too.  Unless I was feeling nasty and simply
bench him for a few games in favor of somebody who seems interested in
actually playing a team sport with the other guys on the court.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle