All is well with the world

Many posts to read through on the list now, and I couldn't be happier.  My
friends, the sun is shining brighter, the birds sing even more sweetly,
everything is in place and right with the world because the Boston Celtics
beat the LA Lakers.  The Great Western Road Trip?  Officially a success.
Beating Portland and LA makes it all worth it.  I believe I am officially
"satisfied" with the season, but thankfully the players don't seem to be.

I've never experienced such an anti-climatic victory, though: I turned off
the TV in ... disgust?  supreme disappointment? ... but somewhere in my
brain it finally registered that there was a dispute.  Turned the set back
on to find out we won!  Snatching victory from the hands of defeat as it
were.  As for Kobe's shot, I'll be honest, because the C's won, so what do
I care: maybe he got it off in time.  From the replays, the ball could be
still resting on his fingertips when time expired, or it could have just
left his hands.  Only he knows, and he really doesn't because he wasn't
looking at the clock.  But that's the way they called, it and you've got
to live with how the refs call it, good or bad.  I'll sure take it.

Well, I'm going to read the plethora of posts now, but a couple of points
first: People.  Paul M.  It's called sarcasm.  And, of course, Antoine
Walker.  What a selfish, ballhoggedly satanistic punk he is.  Seen Rasheed
Wallace make any winning shots lately, on top of a triple double?  You ain'
t even seen *one* of those from Sheed this year, cuz it ain't happening.
With Antoine, you double your pleasure, you double your fun.

Bird

P.S. He *banked* it in, folks.  Then he did he did that little jig like he
was on "Hee Haw" or going to go on tour with the "Lord of the Dance".
Classic!