Re: Who Doesn't Beat The Lakers These Days

At 03:31 PM 2/20/02 -0500, Way Of The Ray wrote:
>They're basically on cruise control playing for the playoffs,
>where I expect Shaq and Kobe will take their games to the next level,
>and will probably win another title.
>
>The Celtics are playing for the regular season. Their playoffs are going
>
>to be a rude awakening to the benfits of an inside game and a half court
>
>power offense, and why perimeter teams don't win titles.

Let me see if I got this right.  The Celtics can't beat teams with a
dominant Center and a powerful halfcourt offense, such as L.A.--the same
L.A. we just beat.

Cruise control?  Shooting 73% in the first quarter?  Shaq hitting nearly
80% of FREE THROWS?  No, Ray, the Lakers WANTED to win.  They just didn't
want it badly enough.  The Celtics COULD have been toast the way the Lakers
were playing at first; but the "dominant" team failed to finish the C's off.

>But congratulations are in order for beating the Lakers.

Yes, they are.

>Now, let's see
>them do that in the post season.

Don't worry.  We will.  This year.