Re: Finding The Celtics A Power Forward: The Candidates

Marcus "half-asleep" Haislip is not the answer.
He has never been taught the game, not in high school,
not in college.  Might just as well draft the UT
pom-pom girls.  Wouldn't work.

Marvin Stone has cement slabs attached to his feet.
Mercury slabs.  Mercury doesn't even come in slabs,
but if it did, they'd find their way to his feet.  His
agent should make him hopskotch or something before
the draft.  Wouldn't help.

Boozer can't get off the floor or hit open 15 footers
consistently. Wouldn't help.

Okafor is an interesting prospect I like.  Would help
-- potentially a lot -- after he grows older.  I'm
excited to watch more of him.

Drew Gooden will be, as you said, gone before we can
draft him. He reminds me of Derrick Coleman during his
first year at Syracuse.  Tall, lanky, long arms, good
rebounder.  Quick jumper, some vertical power.  Good
baby hook.  Can play with his back to the basket or
facing the basket.  Secretly, though, he wants to be a
small forward.  Dribbles and shoots when he shouldn't.
 Keeps the ball too low.

Songalia -- I would like him on my college team, but I
wouldn't draft him.

Here's one other name who I think would look good in a
Celtics uniform if he declares:

Nick Collison -- I think he'll make a better pro than
he makes a college player. Great fundamentals.  Better
passer than he gets credit for.  Judicious scorer.
Well coached both in high school and in college.
Doesn't make bad decisions on the block.  Solid
shooter.  Knows how to get and use position in the
post.  Good rebounder.  Good vertical power.
Structurally sound.  Might be a fit in Boston with the
Paul element rather than the Antoine element.

What do you think?
http://greetings.yahoo.com