Re: Finding The Celtics A Power Forward: The Candidates

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, pete hunter wrote:
>Here's one other name who I think would look good in a
> Celtics uniform if he declares:  Nick Collison

Good call on Collison.  He has the potential to turn into a first option
low post threat with fundamental moves . There's only a few of those in
college now adays(Duncan,Rasheed, Baker, Brand have it. Haywood had it a
little as a sophmore), and Charles Barkley says some outrageously wrong
things, but he's right, that post offense is what the C's need.

On Byron Russell, go for it.  He'd start on our squad over Strick and E.W.
.  And even if he just becomes a backup SF, thats a solid confident
jumpshooter/defender in the playoffs.  E.W. doesn't bring that reliable 3
pt range that O.B. spreads the floor with.

As for the rookies, you can see they all have talent.  O.B. is smart,
they'll come along just fine and bring the firepower next year.