Re: Not a lot of good news today

    < This is getting ridiculous. Delk, Shammond, Bremer and Barros? >
    -Mark Berry

    What do you have against Dana Barros, Mark?  He is a mature role
    model and a splendid inspiration to feisty Lilliputians everywhere
    who dare to lace 'em up and dream the dream.

    Ok, so I'm stunned.  It's almost like our Three Stooges were going
    through some weirdo Type 11 nervous breakdown epidemic.

    Of course the WALLACE DISCLAIMERS (see below) are being set in
    motion faster than I can email this to the igtc list.

     "As you know, Gaston wouldn't allow us a 13th player.  Now every
    decent FA (but Barros) has already been taken. " - Wallace

     "Dana was our first choice all along but we signed Bremer,
    Sundov, and Wolko ahead of grizzled vet Dana because at the time
    we just never dreamed we had a dog's chance in hell to financially
    compete for such a talent. " - Wallace

    "Thanks to Nike's new 8-inch platformers, Dana's non-NBA-
    minimum-height compliance becomes a non-issue. "   - Wallace

    "I will tell you this, Josh, that if Dana were in this year's draft,
    he would likely have been taken in the first five picks. "  - Wallace

    "Dana is a wholesome local boy with no police record and superior
    3-point ability.  In his recent workout at the Fleet, he sunk 42
    threes in a row until Bruno came out to guard him. "  - Wallace

     "In no way does the addition of Dana reflect upon the unexpectedly
    piss-poor play of SWill and Bremer.  We are still very pleased with
    the athleticism these two have displayed. "  - Wallace

     "Leo and I agree that Dana's toughness, hard-nose defense, and
    rebounding skills will be perfect complements to our team's
    aggressive defensive concept. "  - Wallace

    "Don't be as put off by those 35 yr. old graying temples as 28
    other GM's were,"  Wallace said with a knowing chuckle.  "Dana is
    a physical fitness freak who Obie and I expect will still be
    launching winning threes for many seasons to come."  - Wallace

    Eggy