RE: New Charlotte Team

In fact, the Celtics will only have 7 players under
contract, and one of them is Vin Baker. There's no way
Baker will "need" to be protected, because his contract
is so bad.

The question is what to do with the free agent situation
with Shammond and Waltah, and to a lesser degree Sundov
and Bremer.

But as it pertains to those guys, I can only see the
latter two considering a change of scenery to an
expansion club.

And that's chump change compared to other teams that have
stashed developmental lotto picks at the end of their
rosters.

One gets the sense that Michael Jordan will be part of
the Charlotte braintrust, given his friendship with
Johnson and his NC ties. It sort of came down to Bird
versus Jordan. Its a shame for Bird. It sounded like he
really wanted this.

We'll see how this plays out for Boston. Wyc's comments
that he hopes to own the team by the February trading
deadline hints that the Celtics are his toy, like the
Mavs are Mark Cuban's toy.

It seems unlikely he'd bring in Bird as an investor to
usurp 100% of the thunder. If Air Wyc or Il Pagliaci even
peeped a basketball-related trade suggestion, it would be
difficult for Bird not to look at them like "shut up and
don't open your mouth again". But maybe that's a
pessimistic assumption on my part. I hope he's part of
Boston's future. FWIW, I honestly think he'd be excellent
at that job.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?