RE: New Charlotte Team

Joe wrote:

The question is what to do with the free agent situation
with Shammond and Waltah, and to a lesser degree Sundov
and Bremer.

But as it pertains to those guys, I can only see the
latter two considering a change of scenery to an
expansion club.

--- end ---

I have to think there will be better options out there than Sundov and
Bremer for a new franchise. As for Shammond and Walter... I actually could
quite easily see Shammond bolting for a starting job and more money. The
Celts certainly aren't going to offer much, unless I'm completely misreading
the new owners. Walter probably would be interested in more money as well,
but no one else has wanted him to this point, so it's hard to see that
changing.

It's interesting, Joe, that you inferred a Jordan influence with the new
ownership group. I hadn't made that connection, but it makes sense. You may
well be right.

Anyway, the Celtics could have a roster full of Sundovs, and they'd still
leave Vin Baker unprotected in the expansion draft. It would be a dream come
true if someone took him. They wouldn't. There's no out with Vin, which we
all knew when the trade happened. We're stuck with him.

Mark