RE: Bremer makes his move

I don't think my "negativity" is clouding my judgment on Kedrick. You want a
good comparison? Look at Rodney White. He was drafted ninth in that 2001
draft, two spots ahead of Kedrick Brown. This is after he was mentioned as
high as the No. 1 overall pick leading up to the draft. He was much more
highly regarded than Kedrick. He was a non-factor on a veteran-dominated
playoff team his rookie season in Detroit, just like Kedrick was in Boston.
In the offseason, he was traded to the Nuggets in exchange for Don Reid,
Mengke Bateer and a first round draft choice. Now, that first-round draft
choice could have some value considering it's coming from the Nuggets, but
do you think the Pistons would have taken that deal on draft night 2001? No
way. White's stock plummeted, and Kedrick's has, too. Teams pay attention.
You know what they see when they look at Kedrick? A guy who can't beat out
Eric Williams and Walter McCarty for playing time. They don't assume Obie
can't develop players-they assume that Obie plays the best players. Kedrick
isn't one of the best.

Personally, if they decide to deal Kedrick, I hope it's part of a draft day
deal with the other two draft picks to move up for someone. It's doubtful,
because those picks are going to be really low in the first round, but
that's my hope. You're not going to get much for the guy at this point.

Mark

P.S. Count me in the boat hoping against hope for a Bird return now that
things fell through in Charlotte. I was rooting for him, because he
obviously wanted it in Charlotte. But since it didn't happen, let's bring
him home to wriggle us out of this mess Wallace has gotten us into.