From: "gene kirkpatrick" <gk_tyler@yahoo.com>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 11:48 AM
Subject: Why the Celtics will conquer.

> The Celtics will win the NBA championship in 2003 because:
>
> l.  We have shown ourselves to be among the top four teams in the East
while we are getting our roster together.

> 2.  We have a high level of defensive confidence and for Dan's
"five-minute game" we can make it happen on the defensive end.

> 3. We have not one but two "third options" in Delk and S. Williams.  Both
are quite willing to shoot the ball.

> 4.  We have two "stars" that opponents must focus on, and despite their
oft-times singular play, in a 48 minute game they can "bring it" often
enough to stay in any game.

> 5. By the time the playoffs roll around, both Baker and Brown should/could
be rounded into solid contributors.  Brown, especially, could be a defensive
help on the likes of Miller and Hill of Orlando.

> 6.  Battie is playing very well.
>
> 7.  The West may have several better teams, but they should also have a
grueling contest for the West title.  The Lakers will come in about 4th and
face several tough challenges on opposing courts.  The Kings and Mavericks
could toast anyone, but we will only have to figure out how to beat one of
them.

> So, whereas the odds don't favor us (even in the East), and whereas the
Kings and Mavs are the class of the league, and whereas most any injury
could derail us, and whereas our "stars" could literally wear out by April,
still I proclaim that the Celtics will win the championship in June, 2003.

> After all, it's my birthday and  my wife said I could do what I wanted.
Cheers.  Gene