Re: Vin Baker

At 09:57 AM 12/10/02 -0500, Dan Forant wrote:
Some good points here. The Baker trade will come to fruition in a few years
as a disaster. To even mention him even in Parish's late career is silly.
Why will he do better in the playoffs as compared to now? Will he don a
different suit?
Nope, but he honestly is getting better by tiny, ever so frustratingly tiny increments. With time for that to build up to the playoffs and just as importantly, teammates that honestly seem to want him to succeed and so will try to help that. I agree that it's ridiculous to mention him in the same breath as Parish (hmmm, Parish was labeled lazy when he came here - wonder if Bill Fitch would take a retainer to be Vinnie torturer and wnergize him for us <g>), but I actually do think he will be a factor. Just nothing close to as big a one as we might wish.

Thought on the way to the game last night after a broken train made things a bit more fraught than usual on a drill to help Vinnie: Force him to take the rush hour T holding his paycheck in his hands twice a day, every day. If that doesn't teach him to show a bit more toughness and effort in fighting for his space in a crowd while learning to hold onto things...

Kim