Kedrick wasted his extended garbage time audition against
the Knicks, and that's why he was a DNP-CD last night. I
think he may have to wait until the next blowout game to
re-audition.

Two of Walt's best games this year were when he failed to
record a single point. Despite not scoring, I think he
stepped up very well to the challenge of justifying his
minutes on Friday and last night.

As for Kedrick, his injury setbacks have been relevant.
There's are busts, but he's yet to earn that tag.

Injuries are the principal reason he's behind Walter this
year. Kedrick was an 8+ ppg guy in the pre-season, and
that wasn't a huge game here, a bad game there. He was
basically looking like a reliable rotation guy.

(Of course, Bruno Sundov averaged a lot of points in the
preseason too.)

Really, we need more evidence before we write Kedrick
off.

Obie is doing the right thing, right now IMO. But its a
long season.

Versus the Knicks, Kedrick didn't strike me as having a
particularly sweet spot-up shooting stroke, nor was he a
balls out high energy defender.

Of course it was his first game back from two injuries,
as well as his first NBA game in nearly a year. He's
never played in a single D-1 NCAA game.

The next time he's out there, knowing he won't be playing
more than a few minutes at a stretch, I'd like to see him
go all out on both ends, and look to create some offense.

Kedrick lost his chance to make Obie's rotation by
default coming into this season. It was a great
opportunity lost (to injury).

Now he may need to have a breakout performance in order
to force himself back into the picture. Steals, rebounds,
blocks, creating his own shot, knocking in a couple of
threes. He's still a theoretical rather than an actual
talent.

You've got to put his career development in perspective,
but without question there is a whole lot of wishful
thinking going on.

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?