Re: Callahan on Baker

Here we go. Although Gaston certainly deserves some of the blame for the
Baker trade (if they had signed Rogers, Baker wouldn't be here), Callahan is
acting like Wallace had no choice. I figured this would be the spin Wallace
would try to use. "It wasn't me... it was Gaston!" After all, everybody
hates Gaston, right? And he's practically in the witness protection program,
so no one is going to get Gaston's comments on it.

Well Gaston didn't negotiate this trade. Wallace did. He's responsible.
Everyone in the NBA knew this was a disaster for the Celts. The fans knew.
Wallace pulled the trigger and he has to live with the consequences-and that
should mean his job. This trade on the heels of the 2001 draft should be
enough to get any GM canned.

Kudos again to Obie for handling this disaster that was dumped in his lap as
well as anyone possibly could have.

Mark