I Agree With BSG About Gaston Selling The Team - Part I

Interesting speculation and a sifting together of the clues by Bill SG
Simmons.

I hold the following truths to be self evident of the present Paul
Gaston owned
Celtics:

- Gaston, the absentee owner, has handed over control of the team to
Richard Pond.
- Gaston's Celtics reign has been a disaster of mediocrity.
-  The C's have deprived themselves of any cap flexibility for the
forseeable
future.
- Franchise values in the local area are up, after the mega-millions
grossed in the
Red Sox sale.
- The C's have no arena, concessions, parking, or other financial
accompaniements
accorded other sports franchises, and their rent free lease is ending.
- They recently achieved their greatest success since the Bird era.
- Their record of trades and draft chpices over the last five years
has been abominable.

So now -- before Vin Baker gets criticized too harshly by the fans,
media, or his
teammates and collapses into cloud of depression and plunges the Celtics
back into
the lottery -- it's time for St. Pauli Boy to make a financial score and
get out while
the going is good.

In Part II, I'll explore what changes we can expect.

Ray