Anxious

   Must be playoff fever. I'm sitting here, after watching about 20
thoroughly enjoyable, minutes of Celtics'/Hawks' garbage time, watching the
scoreboards of about 7 games, trying to figure what's what, like staying up
all night to see who's going to be president.
   I spent half the week, arguing that there will be no room for Erick
Strickland on next years team and even with the acquisition of Cook, after
seeing Erick play tonight, as I did last week after seeing him play, I'm
saying, we have to lay down in front of the bus to keep him in Green. He is
just so tough and gives you every minute of his life, when he's on the
floor. When his shot his falling, you have a big time player.
   The last 20 minutes of the C's game was a lot of fun and emotion. The
players; Walter, Delk, Strick, KB, and Blount really kept after it. With
lots of help from Rodney Rogers, who is just looking better each game; they
played intense defense, with the ref's absolutely forgetting that they were
in the building, even tried to run the normal plays, at times and managed to
score enough to extend the lead, absorbing a late Hawks' run.
   The crowd, showing their appreciation for that effort and the season
itself, erupted for a two minute standing O.

        JB

Link to current standings:
http://archive.sportserver.com/newsroom/sports/bkb/1995/nba/nba/stat/2000-01
confstands_lo.html