I love Hubie Brown. I think he's hands-down the best color man in
basketball. A great basketball mind and he says what he wants to say
clearly. I think he's tremendous. As for his attitude toward the C's... I
haven't noticed any difference, but like you said, he was/is a friend of
Pitino's. I don't think it's a stretch to believe he could harbor some hard
feelings toward some of the players for the way they treated Pitino. Ricky
dug his own grave, but some of the players were only too happy to throw dirt
on the body. If lack of effort and sabotage from others had contributed to
your good friend losing a job he loved, you'd probably have some hard
feelings as well.

And I'm with Hubie, Charles and Kenny on Jason Kidd. He's the MVP by a nose
over Tim Duncan, who has been just incredible. Shaq could win the award
every year, but he missed too many games. I don't buy the T-Mac lobby
because he takes too many games off.

Anyway, I can't believe there are people out there who don't appreciate
Jason Kidd. What a player.

--- --- ---

Bird wrote:

Clearly, these guys know nothing.  But on a different subject, what was
the deal with Hubie's beard, circa 1973?  Of course, the plaid blazers
were classic.  Seriously, though, Hubie had a nice behind-the-back pass
move going for him during that snippet of the camp, or some such thing, he
was running.

I like Hubie's vocal idiosyncrasies: his stock phrases like "Here, we're
gonna show you..." and "now, you say, ...", and the like.  The guy's in
like pronoun purgatory, but he's almost always entertaining, taken in
small doses.  He's not nearly so complimentary towards the C's now that
his boy is gone, which is something strange, since the team is doing
better.  But I've always suspected that, to Hubie, it's about loyalty to
people he thinks of as "his guys" if you know what I mean.  Hubie clearly
knows a lot about the game, but I often think he's the kind of guy who
think there's one way, and one way only, to play basketball.  Sometimes
they call those kinds of guys "coaches" so it's not just him.