On Thursday, April 11, 2002, at 05:41 AM, Berry, Mark S wrote:

> And I'm with Hubie, Charles and Kenny on Jason Kidd. He's the MVP by a
> nose
> over Tim Duncan, who has been just incredible. Shaq could win the award
> every year, but he missed too many games. I don't buy the T-Mac lobby
> because he takes too many games off.

Shaq, J-Kidd, and Tim Duncan are the three main players, imo.  Obviously,
Shaq is the best performer out of the three -- dominant, massive,
unstoppable -- but he misses many games, like you say.  Duncan's very
consistent -- consistently outstanding.  Kidd?  Well, look what he's
helped to do with the Nets, though I think the Nets being healthy has
something to do with it.  Tracy McGrady?  I agree, I ain't buying what
they're selling.

I'd go with Duncan by a hair over Kidd.  Shaq would definitely get it if
he played more games, though.  Kidd's a very good player -- very good.  I
don't know if he's the "best point guard in the game" or anything, but I
do know that if I were drafting from the pool of players already in the
league, he'd be my first choice for a point.

Bird