National Basketball Association Standings By Conference

http://archive.sportserver.com/newsroom/sports/bkb/1995/nba/nba/stat/2000-01
confstands_lo.html

   I grew up as a sports fan, watching the scoreboard at Ebbets field. Late
in the season, you had the Giants and the Yanks, across town, as well as the
important St Louie scores, on the board. A few years later I was at Fenway,
watching the left field wall, where all the pitching changes announced a
Drabosky, or a Grimm, or a Friend, or some other interesting name, that I
could put a face to, from my massive baseball card collection.
   Anyway, you'll forgive my fascination with the below standings.
   Have the Bucks folded the tent? Will they lose all of their games and go
home early, to send a message to George Karl? Isaih must be praying for
same.
   Philadelphia and Charlotte are still in our sights. Both lost last night.
   We are pulling clear of Orlando, I expect, but still might have a shot to
pass Detroit.

National Basketball Association Standings By Conference
THROUGH WEDNESDAY, APRIL 10TH

Eastern Conference
                    W    L    PCT  GB
1) Y-NEW JERSEY    50   28   .641   -
2) Y-DETROIT       47   31   .603   3
3) X-BOSTON        46   33   .582   4 1/2
4) X-ORLANDO       43   34   .558   6 1/2
5) CHARLOTTE       41   37   .526   9
   PHILADELPHIA    41   37   .526   9
7) MILWAUKEE       39   39   .500  11
   TORONTO         39   39   .500  11
9) INDIANA         38   40   .487  12
10) WASHINGTON      36   43   .456  14 1/2
11) MIAMI           34   44   .436  16
12) ATLANTA         32   46   .410  18
13) NEW YORK        29   48   .377  20 1/2
14) CLEVELAND       29   49   .372  21
15) CHICAGO         19   59   .244  31

Western Conference
                    W    L    PCT  GB
1) X-SACRAMENTO    59   19   .756   -
2) X-DALLAS        54   23   .701   4 1/2
3) X-LA LAKERS     55   23   .705   4
4) X-SAN ANTONIO   54   24   .692   5
5) X-MINNESOTA     48   30   .615  11
6) X-PORTLAND      46   32   .590  13
7) X-SEATTLE       44   35   .557  15 1/2
8) X-UTAH          42   36   .538  17
9) LA CLIPPERS     38   40   .487  21
10) PHOENIX         35   43   .449  24
11) HOUSTON         27   50   .351  31 1/2
12) DENVER          24   54   .308  35
13) MEMPHIS         21   56   .273  37 1/2
14) GOLDEN STATE    20   58   .256  39

X--CLINCHED PLAYOFF BERTH

Y--WON DIVISION TITLE

Standings indicate how teams are positioned to make the
      playoffs. The top eight teams in each conference qualify
      for the playoffs with the two division winners seeded
      number one and two regardless of their records. The top
      seed will play the eighth seed in the first round, the
      second seed will play the seventh, etc.

[ Sportserver | Baseball | Basketball | Football | Hockey | The Press Box |
Feedback | Nando Times ]
Statistics as of Apr 11,2002 ..... (c)SportsTicker, 2002
Copyright ) 2002 Nando Media