Re: Antoine (was Re: Johnson Touted As Rookie With The Most Impact)

--- You wrote:
 If he's averaging 25 shots per game and only making 41 percent,
that's 15 misses per game. Let's say he turns five of those misses into
passes to open teammates. Let's say those "terrible" teammates make 40
percent of those shots-two more. That's four more points per game. That's
huge. And it doesn't even take into account the decreased fast-break
opportunities for opponents or the increased offensive rebound opportunities
for Toine.
--- end of quote ---

I'm  generally not an Antoine apologist, nor a basher, but it seems to me that
your analysis here is skewed. You're assuming that none of his hypothetical 15
misses are rebounded. While I don't know the actual numbers, it seems that
quite a few of his misses are around the basket - blocked and rushed shots -
which he himself usually tips in, or at least tries to. So, it's not as though
all 15 of those misses go to the opponent.
Kestas