Re: Bskball.com Column

----- Original Message -----
From: "Josh Ozersky" <igtcjosh@yahoo.com>

> more or less.  In fact, though, Battie and Blount are
> much more imposing defensive players than X-man or
> Eddie Pinckney.

I'd debate that point about the X-Man. There's no need to be able to block
someone's shot if they're already face down on the floor :)

Charles Oakley isn't a shotblocker either. Neither is Mase (who the X-Man
schooled on "d"), and I recall Toine commenting on those guys being the
hardest defensive guys for him to play against. I'm biased because the above
smashmouth ballers are amongst my favourite all-time players, but I'd take
someone built to not let anyone get in the paint, over someone who can swat
shots once they're in there.

Ideally a combination of both (i.e. Russell, Mourning, Mutumbo) would be
nice...but hey, I want a Porsche too.

Simon
http://mp3.com/ulcerate
www.ulcerate.net