Re: Bskball.com Column

Joe H. wrote:

Yeah, well that's what I thought. Now its much less certain
Wallace will even address that need before the season starts, but I still
view it as our Achilles' heal. One big man injury and you're talking about
Eric Williams or Waltah getting posted up on every night.

         A wily veteran rebounder/defender could provide the difference in
making the playoffs and gaining invaluable team maturity and confidence
about our overall sense of direction. I'm talking even about
Medicare/Medicaid elibible guys like Kevin Willis or AC Green.

         I don't have a specific FA player in mind (high character,
consistent overachiever types with coaching/teaching aspirations), but I'm
certainly not thinking about another CBA pickup, as Chris Wallace hinted.

---end---

Exactly! Exactly right, Joe. A.C. Green is out there and would be a great
fit. Anyone of that ilk. That's exactly the kind of player/fit this team
needs-a big, veteran post player who understands the value of defense and
rebounding at the position. Do any of our guys give you the impression that
they feel the team that can rebound and defend the best will win? They just
don't have that mindset. We need a guy who does-even if his contributions
are limited to 8-minute bursts in each half. That kind of attitude,
hopefully, would be contagious.

Mark