Re: How Can You Be Excited About The Celtics When....

> From: pdbauer <pdbauer@yahoo.com>

> So Kai Brunner is Way of Ray??

Yeah, sometimes you need a program around here.  Way/Ray/Kai is also
"Mister Ghost" but you don't see much of him around anymore ... and
probably many more aliases, pseudonyms and personas.  Welcome to the show,
  pull up a chair -- it's the offseason and there's precious little else to
do.  And when people say "Aw, Ray's not so bad" or "Shucks, Way's a fan
like us, he wants the team to do well" remember these things, these times;
  remember the overwhelming abundance of them.  For the overarching thrust
of Ray's rhetoric is thus: "Celtics suck (and look how clever I think I am!
), and did I mention the Celtics suck?" and when you repeatedly post that,
  you are a troll.  (Does the igtc Who's list (sounds like an album title)
have guys coming on and posting "The Who sucks!"?  The Volkswagen list
have posters that decry "Hyundais have a better transmission that the
Jetta!"?)

I'm not sure why fans would have to justify their fanaticism about a team
to a troll (though it is kind of fun to read people's reasons).  I would
think it might work better the reverse way.  That is, have the troll
explain why he insists on posting challenges to a list's interest in a
team that is the ... subject ... of ... the ... list (you see what I mean
here, I'm sure), but I guess we're never going to get that.

How's this little solipsism: I am a fan of the Boston Celtics because they
are the Boston Celtics, and I am a fan.

The good thing about this list is that most of us are fans.  Even when you
disagree with another member, you know he or she is probably a fan.
Way/Ray/Kai's not a fan.  'Member the time he wanted to trade the Celtics'
  entire roster for the entire roster of the LA Clippers?  Good times, good
times... .  Waitaminnit, that was apparently yesterday.

(The Celtic "Tird",
  Celticus "tirdius")