Re: Bskball.com Column

At 11:36 21/09/01 -0400, Berry, Mark  S wrote:
>A.C. Green is out there and would be a great
>fit. Anyone of that ilk. That's exactly the kind of player/fit this team
>needs-a big, veteran post player who understands the value of defense and
>rebounding at the position. Do any of our guys give you the impression that
>they feel the team that can rebound and defend the best will win? They just
>don't have that mindset. We need a guy who does-even if his contributions
>are limited to 8-minute bursts in each half. That kind of attitude,
>hopefully, would be contagious.

I guess ideally the guy needs to have championship rings. Young guys aren't
going to respect a 10-12 minute per game, end-of-career veteran unless he's
got that kind of jewelry. As improbable as it sounds, maybe that kind of
role player could help get us into the playoffs. The Celtics aren't lacking
in legitimate young talent. We also have a decent amount of heart. The
problem is that the two team leaders may have the right intentions but are
way too young and lacking in clues. Its only fair to expect that.

Maybe a Randy Brown plus an AC Green type, as decrepit as they both are,
could provide a critical mass in the locker room and in practices.

-----